Outcome reflection

In many of my studio courses I use different mediums which draws knowledge from other courses. For example, my paintings last term I used sets from my stop motions as still lifes which created an ambiguity between the objects' scale and what was fictional and what was real. My Art on the Marquee project which I discussed in Critical Thinking and Porblem Solving required that I had knowledge in stop motion, Aftereffects, drawing, and animation. Animation itself draws across different mediums such as drawing and design as well as incorperating knowledge about movement, timing, and pacing.

My Senior Studio is about the recent passing of my maternal grandmother and her husband, my grandfather’s dementia. I’ve used my knowledge as an artist to embody the experience of life, death, and memory through my own eyes and through my grandfather’s. For this project I’ve used multiple mediums within my discipline such as drawing, painting, animation, and different editing software such as flash, aftereffects, and Photoshop. I have to present my work to my peers, the art faculty, and gallery visitors at the end of the term.

My internship in Colombia used my prior knowledge of teaching and animation for an international and younger audience. It helped me build new connections outside of my local community.