I feel that this requirement and information literacy have many similarities since they both require some form of writing and research. Almost all of my classes have required some form of writing, each of which vary in levels of formality and content. I used Abnormal Psychology as an example, but my art history courses, aesthetics courses, psychology I, Intro to Gerontology, and College writing II were also writing intensive.

I've done presentations in Abnormal Psych, Intro to Gerontology, Nutrition and Health and Applied Chemistry for Non-Scientist. My studio courses have prepared me the most for public speaking since we have a critique once every two weeks. I present my work to my peers and faculty. Art requires a lot of talking because artists have to translate their visual language into a more commonly spoken verbal language. 

Art as a business also requires bartering and personal connections with other people. Many residencies ask that your project be interconnected with the community or the culture of the area where you will live.