I wrote this album review for my final project in my Reading and Writing New Media class. I chose to write about Fossil Youth's debut album A Glimpse of Self Joy.

My audience was geared toward the pop-punk music scene, as well as teens and young adults on Tumblr. I geared this review to teens and young adults because those are the most likely demographic to be reading this type of article. This genre is really popular amoung teens and young adults.

I was able to apply my skill of writing for an audience to this article too. Tumblr allows articles and posts to be tagged with certain words or phrases. I was able to add certain tags such as the words poppunk and emo to appeal to an even larger audience. My audience for this article was different because it was not published at a real publication. With my new knowledge of writing for a specific audience, I was able to successfully appeal to my audience.

By posting this review on a blog, I was able to gain a national audience. The purpose of this article was to showcase my writing skills to a national audience through blog posting.

I did not add a byline to my article because I liked remaining anonymous. I felt as though my work was small enough that a byline was not necessary.

https://radiounderground.tumblr.com/post/159206252338/fossil-youth-is-a-punkemo-band-haling-from