Informational Handout

On this page of my portfolio, you will find an informational handout I designed for Solarize Seacoast Maine, a non-profit which works to provide residents of seacoast Maine with discounts and other financial incentives on the purchase of solar-powered home energy systems. The organization's director, Mr. John Duffy, requested that this handout be made so that it can be distributed at open house events for potential clients to take home when considering purchasing a solar energy system for their home.

In creating this handout, I was tasked with researching whether or not solar energy customers subsidize utility power users, or vice versa. I then had to familiarize myself with this unfamiliar and esoteric concept of solar subsidy, and then form a coherent argument as well as an aesthetically-pleasing finished product which would receive a public audience. Among the skills I both used and strengthened in completing this project were practical research methods, interpreting data and synthesizing said data in to an easily-digestible form for public consumption, as well as effective design principles.

I learned a lot about rhetoric and information synthesis while working on this project, and I am happy to report that my handout was one of the ones chosen by John Duffy for public distribution.