Clean River Project (CRP) Brochure

For this project, I created a tripanel brochure to benefit the Clean River Project, a non-profit organization based in Lowell which works to remove harmful trash and debris from the bed of the Merrimack River.

I was happy and excited to create this brochure to benefit the Clean River Project. I feel their work is immensely important as the Merrimack River is a source of drinking water for several surrounding communities.

In creating this brochure, I utilized the rhetorical square and effective design principles to ensure that the finished product was both informational and accurate as well as aesthetically-pleasing. I had to remember the importance of catering to a specific audience in order for my brochure to help recruit volunteers. I also had to be sure that my words accurately represented the goals of the organization.

When designing this brochure, I was tasked with learning Adobe InDesign, a new program I had never used before. With its many ins and outs, it was not easy for me to learn the fundamentals of the program while working on the strict deadline that I was. In the end, I designed this brochure which I am very pleased with. It was designed with the four main design principles in mind, which are contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.